The Park has gone to the dogs!!
Updated: Feb 5
Just maybe, the park always belonged to the dogs to begin with.
Just about everyone in Halifax knows that Shubie Park is one of the best dog parks in the city. Just outside our campground doors is the start of over 40 acres of parkland for you and your pooch to explore.
Where do I start?
Turn left as you exit the campground and head down the path to the beach, from there you will find the trailhead sign. You can follow the path along the canal, past the Fairbanks Centre, all the way to Sunrise Beach where you will find off leash dog trails as well as a beach for you and your furry friend to explore.
Shubie Park dog off-leash trail & area rules:
• Dogs must be on leash unless signs indicate otherwise.
• Dogs must be in compliance with all animal by-laws and regulations, including any licensing regulations.
• You must carry a leash at all times.
• Your dog must come to you when called, and be in effective control at all times.
• You must keep your dog within sight at all times.
• You will be held responsible for any damages or injuries caused by a dog in your care.
• Dogs must not interfere with other park users.
• Aggressive dogs, female dogs in heat, and puppies under three months old are not permitted in off-leash areas.
• You must pick up your dog’s waste immediately.
• Dogs must not disturb the peace by unreasonable barking.
For further information see By-law A-700 at halifax.ca